Murphy McElligott Solicitors can advise and represent in relation to any insolvency matter, including:
- Company insolvency
- Insolvency litigation
- Personal insolvency
- Personal bankruptcy
Given your precise circumstances, we will advise on the options available, explaining the advantages, disadvantages, timescales and costs of each.
Company and Commercial Insolvency
We appreciate that entering into insolvency is not the desired outcome of most company owners and directors; as such, we work within the confines your resources to put in place the best plan taking into account the needs of all stakeholders.
We seek to maximise the chances of the company continuing to trade; or if that is not feasible, we seek to procure the best possible return for the company’s creditors and members.
Where possible, we will apply for Examinership on your behalf, allowing you the time to trade without the threat of legal action by creditors.
Should a contentious insolvency arise, for example due to fraudulent trading, misfeasance, preferential payments, transactions below value, unlawful dividends, wrongful trading, Section 150 restrictions of Directors or Section 160 disqualifications of Directors, our team can provide the strongest possible defence and representation.
We can assist with a variety of personal insolvency matters, including in relation to:
- Bankruptcy applications
- Claims involving the matrimonial home
- Creditor claims
- Debt relief notices
- Debt settlement agreements
- Income payment arrangements and applications
- Issuing and defending bankruptcy petitions
- Personal Insolvency objections
- Personal guarantees
- Possession proceedings
- Preference claims
- Statutory demands
Why Instruct Us?
- We provide expert advice across the range of insolvency matters. Our Solicitors have expert knowledge and experience in advising banking and other creditors, directors and shareholders.
- We are committed to achieving the best commercial outcome for our clients. The focus is on developing a relationship with each client that maximises the benefits of our experience, knowledge, and flexibility.
- Our Solicitors are will assess the situation objectively and provide a clear strategy to move your case forward.
Practical solutions... proven results
Founded in 1999, we pride ourselves on our client friendly approach. We can offer professional advice on many areas of law. Our aim is always to focus on your particular requirements; helping you to develop strategies to achieve your goal.
It's professional advice... it's personal attention
We provide a complete range of legal and advisory services to private individuals, businesses and their families, and are dedicated to providing a personal and flexible service that is tailored to our client's individual requirements with a confident and considerate approach.